If we are talking about how to cancel Verizon FiOS service, we need to know first what is Verizon FiOS and what they are presented.
As is known that Verizon is one of the biggest companies in the united states. Verizon subscribers are now close to 100 million which is a huge number. Which reflects how much spread the Verizon provider inside the United States.
Now we are going to present through our website “ Mobile Services Center ” what is Verizon FiOS and how to cancel Verizon FiOS service. follow the next lines to figure it out.
What is Verizon FiOS?
Before talking about Verizon FiOS we have to know what is Verizon FiOS. the word FiOS stands for (Fi) for fiber (O) for optic (S) for service. So the word FiOS is referred to the expression ( Fiber Optic Service ) which is an FTTP service which is presented by Verizon telecommunications services. While the word Fios is an Irish word that means knowledge but here at Verizon, the FiOS slogan is a trademark that is owned by Verizon.
What are the services which are presented by Fios?
Many services are presented by FiOS. FiOS packages contain high-speed internet access in addition to a TV cable and of course a basic phone service line.
For the usage of the general FiOS internet is available at a download speed of up to 30 Mbps and upload speed of up to 5Mbps.
The FiOS service is spread in most of the states inside the United States which are established at the beginning of the year 2005.
This service started in the beginning as mega carrier Verizon. now Verizon FiOS simply covers about 11% of the United States which is currently presented bundled phone service, internet service, and also TV service which is causing a lot of saving benefits than you get phone service and internet service from separate providers.
The highest selling is the FiOS high-speed data transmission which is available up to 25 times faster. Also, Verizon FiOS offers the service of the DSL outside the usual regions that are ordinarily reached by FiOS but it does not come with the same speed which is presented in the area that is normally reached by Verizon’s physical fibrous service.
Verizon also presented Verizon’s FiOS TV, the TV package also runs through fiber optic. But in case you mix a bundle of the internet FiOS service and the FiOS TV service you can get this bundle for a lower price as one bundle.
The FiOS service currently covers a limited area. You can use Verizon’s official website to check the availability of FiOS service in your area, simply enter the address and check the service availability status in your area.
The plan of high-speed internet is started from 39.99 USD basically, also the additional benefits of the bundle include: bundle FiOS TV service, availability of the extra saving in case of using auto-pay, extra speed download which reaches 940 Mbps, and the availability to save up to 30 USD per month through the Verizon’s connectivity program.
What if you want to cancel Verizon FiOS srevice in case you no longer need it:
You can cancel Verizon FiOS service in case you no longer need it anymore but there are some issues that you must know before you cancel Verizon FiOS subscription as follows:
- In case you want to cancel Verizon FiOS service you can not do it manually as been done in the manual subscription. The plan will be renewed before permission was given.
- If you were subscribed to a trial bundle that contains many offers FiOS Internet and FiOS TV, in case of cancellation you may fave the risk of losing the trial period and all that it contains altogether.
- You must know that the cancellation order must be before 24 hours at least before your trial period ends.
How to cancel Verizon FiOS service for iPhone:
You can cancel Verizon FiOS easily for iPhone or iPad by following these simple steps:
- In the first step you are going to open settings then go and write your name.
- Click on the subscription tab, this tab may not appear automatically. If it happened you can go to iTunes.
- Next step enter your apple ID then sign in, after signing in navigate to the subscription button and press on it.
- After pressing the subscription button click on My FiOS then click on the choice “cancel”.
Note that: if the cancel button does not appear automatically this indicates that you have already been canceled and the subscription will not be renewed anymore and you need nothing to cancel Verizon FiOS service.
How to cancel Verizon FiOS service for android devices
To cancel the Verizon FiOS service you must follow some steps. These steps are different than the steps followed to cancel Verizon FiOS services for Mac devices ( iPhone or iPad), these steps are going to be listed below.
- Go to google play store. Note that in case you have more than one google account you must make sure you choose the right one ( the google account that you have subscribed with ).
- Download the Verizon My FiOS application.
- Click on the main menu and navigate to the choice “ subscription ”, then choose Verizon My FiOS – in case you have more than one subscription- that you want to cancel
- Choose the “ cancel subscription “ tab
- The cancellation has been completed.
When the My FiOS subscription is removed from the application, your subscription will be canceled and will not have been renewed again. Therefore you haven’t taken action to cancel Verizon FiOS service.
Read also: +3 easy methods to cancel Verizon line
Read also: How to cancel Verizon Fios? | The correct steps to do this
Read also: Step BY Step How to Log into a Verizon FiOS Router
What if I want to cancel Verizon FiOS service by using a Mac computer
Also to cancel Verizon FiOS service from a Mac computer you will follow steps that may be a little different than the steps you followed to cancel the iPhone or iPad device that has been listed below:
- Open your app store and download the Verizon My FiOS application.
- If it was already downloaded, go to the app store directly.
- Click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click on “ view information “ and then sign in if you were asked to do so.
- Scroll down until you find the choice subscription click on it.
- You will find a drop-right menu appearing click on the choice “ manage “
- Next, click on “ edit “ beside the Verizon My FiOS application and then click on the choice “ cancel subscription “
Note that: before starting to cancel Verizon FiOS service, you must be sure you use the same username and same ID you have been subscribed with. But in case you didn’t remember the password you can contact the app to reset the password. However, the password and the username must be unforgettable and easy to be remembered.
What if my Verizon FiOS subscription was done through PayPal, and I want to cancel Verizon FiOS subscription:
If you want to cancel Verizon FiOS service subscription through PayPal follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account, then click on the button “ settings “ it can be found beside the logout tab.
- Press on the choice “ payments “ then choose “ manage automatic payments “.
- You are going to be provided with your previous payments. Find the payments which belong to Verizon My FiOS this could be named Verizon My FiOS or Verizon Services Co. whatever the name press on it.
- The confirmation page will be shown to you then you have to press on “ cancel automatic payments “ to confirm that you want to stop the subscription and don’t want to make any future payments as long as you are no longer a subscriber.
- The last step is to click the button “Done”. Now you have canceled your FiOS account.
Cancel Verizon FiOS service directly from My FiOS website:
In case you have made your subscription through the official website directly and didn’t use any extra layer of protection such as PayPal or anything like that and you want to cancel Verizon FiOS service right now. The unsubscription steps are going to be a little bit different than all cases that we have mentioned before.
Follow the next steps and figure out how to cancel Verizon FiOS directly from the My FiOS website.
- Contact Verizon My FiOS directly through the number 800-922-0204 to inform them that you want to cancel Verizon FiOS subscription.
- At the same time, you have to log in to your Verizon account from the official website.
- Look at the menu, find the choice “ billing “ then press” subscription “ next press “manage account”
- Next press on the “ Settings “ tab and you will be delivered a link . press on the link and follow the on-screen prompted messages to complete the cancelation process.
- Now your Verizon FiOS cancelation process is completed.
We have to discuss on our website Mobile Services Center how to cancel Verizon FiOS service for all types of devices and accounts as well. We hope you found our guide useful. if there are any requests or any suggestion contact us through the commenting area below and we will reply shortly.