If your STC modem is not working or if you have messed up with the settings of the modem, It is very important to reset the modem so that your work doesn’t get affected. Most people are confused about How to Reset STC Modem. Thus, we have come up with this guide to help you reset the modem to its default settings.
How to Reset STC Modem (Reboot the modem)
Before you plan to reset the STC modem, it is recommended to reboot it. The word reboot means switching off the modem and again switch it on after a few minutes. But, if rebooting the modem does not provide you the expected result, you may need another way to know How to Reset STC Modem. Resetting the STC router username and password can also be an effective way to get back to the normal modem settings.
Resetting the STC modem can help you to fix the following problems:
- Slow gaming problem
- Internet connection error
- Wireless network issue
- Slow internet speed
The use of the reset button in the modem will restore your modem to the factory settings. This can remove all customized changes that you may have made to use the modem. For example, it can change STC wi-fi username and password, admin password, and all other personalized passwords that you may have.
If you don’t want to remove the customized settings of your modem, it is recommended to get a backup.
No matter if you have the STC modem or any other modem, the reset button is almost similar to all modems. The reset button is located at the back of the modem, and it is mostly red in color. Most often, the button is recessed so that people don’t turn it on or off by mistake. Thus, you may need a paper clip or your pen to push and use the reset button.
Steps to reset STC modem
If you have no idea about How to Reset STC Modem, just follow all these steps:
- Press the reset button provided on the back of the modem and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
- You will hear a click after you press it.
- If you have followed the steps correctly, you will also witness that the power button on the STC modem will flicker.
- You have to wait for at least five to 10 minutes after that.
- Once the power button turns to the original color, you will run the modem activation process.
- You may also be asked about account login or the option to configure your modem.
- Once the internet light turns on, you will get access to the internet.
- If you have any other devices previously connected to the modem, you may not get it connected automatically.
- To connect it again, you have to re-enter the security key or the wi-fi password.
We hope this user guide will serve your purpose when you try to Reset your STC modem. Contact us in case you face any problem in resetting STC modem.