- 1 Types of blocking services offered by Verizon
- 1.1 How to activate the service- Blocked text message Verizon
- 1.2 Now that we know how to block messages, let’s take a peek as to how to undo them in case you mistakenly blocked a number. This method is very convenient and can be easily established through the following steps.
Blocked text message Verizon is a competent temporary blocking service provided by Verizon telecommunication company with the freedom to block up to 5 numbers for free up to a length of 90 days.
Blocking a number or messages means stopping or prohibiting any outgoing calls or messages to any number for a variety of reasons, the most common being not wanting to keep in touch or preventing someone from avoiding any purchase over the network. Even though there are a variety of services that can be banned, this article will focus primarily on Blocked text message Verizon.
Types of blocking services offered by Verizon
There are mainly three types of blocking services offered by Verizon.
They are blocking calls or messages which focus on blocking calls or messages from a particular number(s).
Blocking emails and domains involves blocking email addresses and domains or any mails sent through the web.
They are blocking services so that any in-app purchase can be prevented.
These services can be activated and deactivated through account holders or account admins.
read also ALL YOU Need TO know About Verizon Wireless Change Phone Number
How to activate the service- Blocked text message Verizon
To activate the service of Blocked text message Verizon there are three ways to do so-
- You can block up to 5 numbers for a length of 90 days, which can be accomplished for free.
- You can block up to 20 numbers; the only condition is that this plan is covered under a nominal monthly fee and can be activated through the ‘Verizon smart family.’
- There is also another service available for automatically blocking out numbers called as the ‘Filter service.’
One thing to note under Blocked text message Verizon is that this service is unavailable under prepaid call plans, but alternate solutions are provided to compensate this problem.
Let’s take a look at how to activate Blocked text message Verizon under the plan of the ‘Verizon Smart family app.’
- Log in to the ‘My Verizon’ app using your credentials.
- Select the child icon on the top of the screen
- A drop down will appear with various options.
- Select the option of ‘manage control’ and click on contacts
- Select the option ‘Block contacts.’’
- Enter the phone number that needs to be blocked
- Click on save and exit.
- Another option of blocking calls and messages is to turn on the switch for ‘Block Private and restricted calls and services,’ which will prohibit and incoming messages.
This method is exclusively for those who are using the monthly ‘Verizon Smart Family app.’ But, if you out of the plan and using the 90- days service, then to activate Blocked text message Verizon, the following steps needs to be followed-
- Sign in to ‘My Verizon’ app
- Form the home screen, click on ‘plans.’
- From the screen, select the option of ‘Block.’
- This will give you the option of selecting a device that needs Blocked text message Verizon.
- Click block calls and messages.
- Enter the phone number that needs to be blocked (Here, a menu option can also be seen, or a checkbox can be seen, which, when selected, will block the number from all lines).
- Under this, only five phone numbers can be blocked, and that needs to be renewed every 90 days.
- Click on save and exit.
Always remember that in case of calls, all blocked calls with being sent straightaway to your voicemail, and in case of messages, none of the messages from the blocked number will be delivered.
For activating a Blocked text message Verizon through an android phone, the following steps should be followed.
- Download ‘My Verizon’ app from the play store
- Launch the app
- Click on the ‘Navigation Menu’ on the top of the screen.
- Click on the option of ‘Devices.’
- From the menu, select the option of ‘Manage.’
- Click on the option of ‘Control.’
- An option of ‘Call and messages blocking’ will appear on the screen and click on that option
- The screen will then prompt for your password for the app
- Once you enter the password, enter the phone number you want to block
- Click on save and exit
Now that we know how to block messages, let’s take a peek as to how to undo them in case you mistakenly blocked a number. This method is very convenient and can be easily established through the following steps.
- Log in into ‘My Verizon’ using your credentials through a web browser
- Once the home screen launches, click on ‘plans’ from the home page
- Select the option of ‘Block.’
- Go to ‘block calls and messages’ section, and click on the option of delete
- The ‘delete’ option will be available next to the number which was blocked.
- Click on that, and the blocked number will become unblocked.
Now that we understand the concept of Blocked text message Verizon along with unblocking methods, you can now easily block any unwanted caller and his messages getting directed towards your line.
One important feature that has been added to the whole concept of Blocked text message Verizon is the ‘Verizon call filter,’ which I have mentioned above. This new spam blocker allows you to easily block spam messages that come to your line. To activate this-
- Log in to my Verizon app.
- Click on ‘My services’ on the home page.
- the option of ‘safeguards’ form the menu.
- Click on the option of ‘spam controls’ in the safeguard menu.
- Choose the option of ‘internet spam blocking.’
- Once you select that option, click on the phone number, email source from where you received the ‘unwanted message.’
- Click on the ‘save’ option and exit.
This method helps block emails from an unwanted domain too. This amazing feature has two categories – one is a general version called ‘call filter’ where you get spam blocking and intimation facilities and the other being ‘call filter Plus,’ with more services in tow along with spam block @ $2.99 per month for a single line and $7.99 per month with account liability and an addition of 3 extra lines.
Now that all the concepts and methods of Blocked text message Verizon is clear, you can go ahead and try it, and in case of any issue, their helpline number is always available for your support.